Last updated on July 29th, 2023 at 08:20 pm
[Solved] How Can I view the secure eBook (.pdc) form Windows ?
You will receive an email from [email protected] containing your eBook license file (Your_Name.llv). Download this file for initial first time use and backup purposes.
- Download your eBook(s) from the order confirmation page, or from the receipt sent to the email provided at time of checkout.
- Install the Viewer for your specific operating system. Supported operating systems include: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS.
- Activate Your License (Your_Name.llv) that was sent to you from [email protected] (You will need to online for the first authorization)
You are now ready to start using your eBook(s). Note: If you ordered more than one eBook, the license only needs to be run once. If you switch devices, run install procedure again for that operating system. You are allowed to register the eBook(s) on 6 different devices.
Windows PDC Viewer Install Instructions
Compatible with: Windows 7, 8, 10
NOTE: You must have Administrator rights to install and register the Viewer.
Install the Viewer
- Select one of the above downloads (choose the EXE unless there is a technical reason not to).
- Choose ‘Save’ to download to your desktop.
- Right-click on the program and select ‘Run As Administrator’ to start the installation process.
Activate (register) Your License
- Go to the ‘Your License’ section of the email that was sent to you. This email would have been sent by the company using or selling protected documents/ebooks (PDC files).
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must use a direct Internet connection (physically located at the computer you are going to register from) – and not a VPN/Remote connection.
- Click on the ‘Your Name License’ link and select ‘Open with Safeguard Viewer’.
- A message dialog will confirm successful registration.
View Protected Files
- Double-click on a .pdc file.
- The protected document (PDC file) will then open in the Windows Viewer as shown below.
Want to check if it's working?
Check that the Viewer is successfully installed by clicking on the sample license and protected document below: