[Solved] How Can I view the secure eBook (.pdc) form Android?
You will receive an email from [email protected] containing your eBook license file (Your_Name.llv). Download this file for initial first time use and backup purposes.
- Download your eBook(s) from the order confirmation page, or from the receipt sent to the email provided at time of checkout.
- Install the Viewer for your specific operating system. Supported operating systems include: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS.
- Activate Your License (Your_Name.llv) that was sent to you from [email protected] (You will need to online for the first authorization)
You are now ready to start using your eBook(s). Note: If you ordered more than one eBook, the license only needs to be run once. If you switch devices, run install procedure again for that operating system. You are allowed to register the eBook(s) on 6 different devices.
Android PDC Viewer Install Instructions
Compatible with: Android 4.0 & above
NOTE: The Viewer will NOT run on devices that have custom ROMs installed, or in an Android emulated environment. Some cheaper tablets come loaded with custom ROMs by default and the Viewer will not run on those devices.
Install the Viewer
- Make sure your Operating system has installed all the latest updates.
- Install PDCViewer.apk by downloading it from Google Play Store (search for Locklizard), or click on the Download button above.
- Once downloaded, click on the PDCViewer.apk app.
- When the install screen displays press the NEXT and then the INSTALL button.
- Once the application has installed, a new app icon, PDCViewer, will display on the Home screen.
Activate (register) Your License
These instructions assume you have been emailed a link to a license (.llv file) or the actual file. For other methods of getting files onto your device see the Viewer Manual.
- Go to the ‘Your License’ section of the email that was sent to you. This email would have been sent by the company using or selling protected documents / ebooks (PDC files).
- Click on the ‘Your Name License’ link, or the attached .llv file if present. If you selected the .llv attachment go to step 5.
- Complete the action using the Chrome browser to download the license file.
- Go to your Downloads folder on your device and click on the .llv file. This will load it into the Safeguard Viewer Downloads folder.
- Click on the llv file in the Safeguard Viewer Downloads folder.
- A message will confirm successful registration.
- Once registered, the license is greyed in the library to show it has been activated.
View Protected Files
These instructions assume you have been emailed a link to a PDC file or the actual file. For other methods of getting files onto your device see the Viewer Manual.
- Click on the link to the PDC file attachment and press the SAVE button.
- Click on the VIEW button. This will load it into the Safeguard Viewer Downloads folder.
- Click on the .pdc document to open it. The protected document (PDC file) will open in the Viewer as shown below.
Want to check if it's working?
Check that the Viewer is successfully installed by clicking on the sample license and protected document below:
- Download and install the Viewer software (if you have not already done so).
- Click on the sample license link to register. Sample License
- Click on the protected document (pdc file) to open it. Protected Document