Last updated on July 29th, 2023 at 08:20 pm
[Solved] How Can I view my eBook (.pdc) form macOS?
You will receive an email from [email protected] containing your eBook license file (Your_Name.llv). Download this file for initial first time use and backup purposes.
- Download your eBook(s) from the order confirmation page, or from the receipt sent to the email provided at time of checkout.
- Install the Viewer for your specific operating system. Supported operating systems include: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS.
- Activate Your License (Your_Name.llv) that was sent to you from [email protected] (You will need to online for the first authorization)
You are now ready to start using your eBook(s). Note: If you ordered more than one eBook, the license only needs to be run once. If you switch devices, run install procedure again for that operating system. You are allowed to register the eBook(s) on 6 different devices.
Mac PDC Viewer Install Instructions
Compatible with: Mac OSX 10.7 (64 bit) & above
NOTE: You must have Administrator rights to install and register the Viewer.
Install the Viewer
- Log on to your computer as an Administrator with full privileges.
- Download the Mac Viewer by clicking on the download button above.
- Check your security settings are adequate to run the installation application. To do this, click on the Apple icon and then ‘System Preferences’. Select the ‘Security & Privacy’ icon. Click on the ‘Padlock’ icon on the bottom left of the window and enter your Mac credentials (username and password) in order to change your security settings. Select ‘Allow applications downloaded from: Mac App Store and identified developers’ and then confirm this.
- Double-click on PDCViewerSetup.pkg to start the installation process.
- Once installed the Viewer software is available from the Applications folder.
- If you are using OSX Mojave (10.14.x) go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy pane / Privacy tab, and in the left list select Full Disk Access, then in the right list add and allow Safeguard Viewer.
Activate (register) Your License
- Stay logged on as an Administrator.
- Go to the ‘Your License’ section of the email that was sent to you. This email would have been sent by the company using or selling protected documents / ebooks (PDC files).
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must use a direct Internet connection (physically located at the computer you are going to register from) – and not a VPN/Remote connection.
- Click on the ‘Your Name License’ link and select ‘Open with Safeguard Viewer’
- A message will confirm successful registration.
View Protected Files
- Double-click on a .pdc file.
- The protected document (PDC file) will then open in the Mac Viewer as shown below.
Want to check if it's working?
Check that the Viewer is successfully installed by clicking on the sample license and protected document below: