[Solved] How Can I view my eBook (.pdc) form iOS?
You will receive an email from [email protected] containing your eBook license file (Your_Name.llv). Download this file for initial first time use and backup purposes.
- Download your eBook(s) from the order confirmation page, or from the receipt sent to the email provided at time of checkout.
- Install the Viewer for your specific operating system. Supported operating systems include: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS.
- Activate Your License (Your_Name.llv) that was sent to you from [email protected] (You will need to online for the first authorization)
You are now ready to start using your eBook(s). Note: If you ordered more than one eBook, the license only needs to be run once. If you switch devices, run install procedure again for that operating system. You are allowed to register the eBook(s) on 6 different devices.
iOS PDC Viewer Install Instructions
Compatible with: iOS 8.1 & above
NOTE: The Viewer will NOT run on devices that have been jailbroken.
Install the Viewer
- Make sure your Operating system has installed all the latest updates.
- Install PDCViewer by downloading it from the Apple App Store (search for Locklizard), or click on the Download button above.
- Once the application has installed, a new app icon, PDCViewer, will display on the Home screen.
Activate (register) Your License
These instructions assume you have been emailed a link to a license (.llv file) or the actual file. For other methods of getting files onto your device see the Viewer Manual.
- Go to the ‘Your License’ section of the email that was sent to you. This email would have been sent by the company using or selling protected documents / ebooks (PDC files).
- Click on the ‘Your Name License’ link.
In iOS 12.x or below, this will load the license file into the Licenses section of the Safeguard Viewer library and automatically register it.
In iOS 13.x and above, you will be asked to Download the file to Apple’s Download Manager. In Download Manager, select the license file and then the upload icon. Then select the option ‘Copy to PDCViewer’. This will load the license file into the Licenses section of the Safeguard Viewer library and automatically register it. See adding licenses to iOS.
- Once registered, the license is greyed in the library to show it has been activated.
- A message will confirm successful registration.
View Protected Files
These instructions assume you have been emailed a link to a PDC file or the actual file. For other methods of getting files onto your device see the Viewer Manual.
- Click on the link to the PDC file and then select ‘Open in PDCViewer’. This will load it into the Documents section of the Safeguard Viewer library.
- Click on the .pdc document to open it.
- The protected document (PDC file) will open in the iOS Viewer as shown below.
NOTE: The welcome screen that is displayed can be turned off in the Settings menu.
Want to check if it's working?
Check that the Viewer is successfully installed by clicking on the sample license and protected document below:
- Download and install the Viewer software (if you have not already done so).
- Click on the sample license link to register. Sample License
- Click on the protected document (pdc file) to open it. Protected Document